Monday, May 27, 2013

Busy work for Pre-K

People often ask me me..."How do you homeschool all 3 girls at 1 time?".  And I say, " It's sooo easy and the kids are always well behaved providing me with a zen like environment from which to teach."

NOT!

That's one of the many reasons I enjoy CC...because we do alot of it together. Now math, extended english, reading and so forth takes 1 on 1 so I have to find creative ways to keep everyone occupied while I'm with the other. Especially the little.  Since I have very few ideas of my own I naturally turn to the internet for help. Here are a few pic's of my pre-K keeping her mind and hands busy so I can tend to the others.

I stuck wooden skewers into playdoe and had her count cheerios up to 20 in this one pic.


I use alot of stuff from Confessions of a homeschool mom for letter of the week ideas seen in the pic with Meme putting buttons on the letter. I put the letter of the week in a page protector and she can glue beans onto it (it peels right off after it dries) place buttons or mac noodles on it, dry erase colors on it...you get the idea.

I LOVE dauber stuff and so does my little. I like to make different patterns and then she copies it onto strips which I also printed from the internet.

Another great homemade counting activity is the egg box. Again, she has to pick out her counting items, in this case it was buttons agin, then place the amount she sees into each cup. Easy peasy!


 Not a huge fan of the loud fridge magnet things. They were great when we had our first, got slightly annoying after the second and by the time Meme came I couldn't listen to that leapfrog dude say another letter without wanting to pop a pill...sooo, I ditched the batteries and opted for a silent version. I printed a sheet from the INTERNET and Meme fills in the blank, then spells the word with the magnet letters...quiet and wonderful goodness!


 I made a little light table, which they like but I am going to get a smoky bin vice a complete see through one because I can see all the lights and I was looking for more of a hugh...but the girls like it the way it is and I'm probably over thinking it. The light table has endless possibilities but here you see my oldest goofing around on it...(it WAS meant for baby cakes...hmmm) I put some paint in a zip lock and with a Q-tip, Meme can write the letters on the baggie and then erase it in order to do another letter. cool, huh?

That's it for today....xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment