Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gingerbread house

Well, I know Christmas has way passed but I have to post our gingerbread house madness. We do it every year and it keeps getting better...and messier! I don't buy the pre-made houses...though beautiful I feel that out Seussian imperfect gingerbread homes are divine. We start with prep work. I have a basket of random baking supplies. (bits and bobbles that seem to accumulate over the many holidays) I save containers, egg cartons, pizza boxes and many more things that might double as a craft item. We used pizza boxes as the base, graham crackers for the house and I loaded the egg cartons with a ton of candy decorations. Here is a good youtube video explaining how to make graham cracker houses. The girls do all the decorating and this year the older ones gave it a go with the building part...needed a bit of help but really jammed most of it out themselves. It was messy and chaotic but it is one of the highlights of the season for us! Here are some pic's!












No comments:

Post a Comment